Shadowgrounds has co-operative multiplayer on the same computer for 2-4 players. Having more than one player in the game requires the use of gamepads. Other players will help Wesley Tyler in his alien-battling. Please refer to the Gamepad Configuration
page for more gamepad information.
Please note that Shadowgrounds does not support Internet or LAN play. Co-op can only be played on the same computer (one player on keyboard and/or 1-4 using joypads).
The co-op mode was added very late in the development, as an extra bonus to fans and gamers. We had left co-op support out of the official development milestones, because we knew that Internet/LAN support was impossible. The coders decided that they wanted to have co-op on the same computer nevertheless, and created it on their spare time.
It's possible to complete the game in co-op. It's not perfect but it should give a healthy dose of fun. And while the original Shadowgrounds campaign was not designed for co-op, who knows what some mods will do in the future...
* When one player picks up a new weapon, everybody else gets it too. However, ammo is not distributed among players - each player will have to find his own ammo.
* Weapon upgrade parts are shared; same weapon upgrades are applied to all players
* User Interface is much smaller in co-op mode
* 4 players is the maximum in co-op mode
* Camera mode cannot be changed in co-op mode
* When one of the players dies in co-op, all players are respawned at a safe location.
* Respawns are shared (i.e. five deaths, no matter who died, will result in Game Over screen on Normal difficulty)